[Sigia-l] FW: Request to post notice for an Open Position

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Jul 14 10:21:11 EDT 2005

[Forwarded by request.  Dick Hill
From: Montano, Daniel [mailto:DMontano at sjm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:42 AM

COMPANY: St. Jude Medical, CRMD
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA, USA (Sylmar)
POSITION TITLE: Human Factors Design Engineer
DURATION: Full Time

ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Human Factors Design team at St. Jude Medical is recognized as having a
central role in defining interactive products that satisfy and delight our
customers. St. Jude Medical is a leader in developing, manufacturing and
distributing medical devices for the global cardiovascular market, and the
Cardiac Rhythm Management Division in Los Angeles develops implantable
device technologies. We are a Fortune 500 company, and for two years running
have been featured in the BusinessWeek50 list of top-performing companies.
We were also recently recognized by Fortune magazine as one of America's
most respected medical companies.

NOTE: depending on candidate education & experience, the responsibilities &
salary for this position will scale accordingly.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
-  Create interaction design solutions for lifesaving medical products
without appreciable supervision
-  Document, communicate and advocate for design solutions through dialogue
with internal staff, written and verbal presentations, and GUI
specifications
-  Plan and conduct field research with customers
-  Document and communicate research results
-  Develop materials and interactive prototypes for usability testing
-  Conduct usability tests and apply customer feedback toward improved
concepts
-  Participate in multiple projects simultaneously across long product
lifecycles

REQUIREMENTS:
-  Excellent conceptual design and detailed design skills
-  A minimum of 2 years of work experience designing complex software
applications
-  Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design,
Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, or
equivalent program
-  Experience with graphic design software
-  Effective methods of collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to
improve product desirability and usability
-  In-depth knowledge of Interaction Design best practices
-  Great attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and strong desire to
learn

DESIRED SKILLS:
-  In-depth knowledge of Human Factors and Cognitive Psychology theory and
application
-  Familiarity with application of Personas and goal-directed design
methodology
-  Experience working with software development teams in an FDA regulated
environment
-  Experience with the cardiac pacing and defibrillation device market
-  Experience with web-based prototyping tools

CONTACT INFO:
For resume submission, please:
1. Visit our website at www.sjm.com
2. Go to "Careers"
3. Next, select "Search open positions"
4. Type in requisition number (Req #) 5663
5. Finally, select "Submit resume or C.V." to submit your resume

6. One last thing, please send me a quick email letting me know that you
submitted your resume (and attach a pdf copy of your resume)Email to:
DMontano(at)sjm.com; Include Subject: "Human Factors Design Engineer".
Thank you and best of luck in your job search