[Sigia-l] Converting from a frame based website to a non frames based implementation

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Jul 14 01:45:14 EDT 2005

doug moncur:

> In fact it has the same sort of relationship with frames as vampires have with
> garlic.

Heck, it's 'best practice' today and thus must be a 'standard'. :-)

I'm not sure about the accessibility aspect without context, but there are
several ways to present variable/dynamic data as a result of a click on the
same page without a page refresh (sort of what a frame does): iframe,
hide/reveal DIVs, fetch new data from a server and write it to a DIV or a
text node of the DOM, etc. The stuff that kind of sounds like "stronger than
dirt" that you've been hearing about lately everywhere on the Internets:

<http://tinyurl.com/c6kd9>

is precisely what God created XMLHTTPRequest for. :-)

Conceptual examples: GMail and Google Suggest.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba