[Sigia-l] Visio, wireframes discussion

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Jul 13 01:09:21 EDT 2005

Scott Nelson:

> Think how much better it would be if Microsoft actually
> opened the format up. The same would be true of Visio.

While world is not perfect:

"Building on our vision for Office 2003 as Smart Client for XML-based Web
Services, we are announcing the addition, effective today, of the Microsoft
Office Visio 2003 XML Reference Schema to the open and royalty-free license
programs we announced in November 2003. Through the new license program, and
the documentation we are providing today, Microsoft customers, partners and
even competitors can take full advantage of the XML schema used in Microsoft
Office Visio 2003, Microsoft's powerful data visualization and diagramming
tool. By making the Visio 2003 XML schema widely available, and providing
documentation to aid solution developers in using it, today's announcement
builds on Microsoft's ongoing commitment to promote the development of XML
as the next-generation technology for integrating applications, services and
data sources."

<http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2004/apr04/04-15XMLSchema.mspx>

News at 11.

----
Ziya

Any system that is useful will have to be modified.