[Sigia-l] Visio, wireframes discussion

Bill Pawlak bill.pawlak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:01:08 EDT 2005

> Simply put: if more Visio users would demand file format
> compatibility (even across versions of Visio this is difficult) the
> world would be a better place, and the Omni Group would have an
> opportunity to reverse engineer the format (as the format would
> likely stabilize.)
>
> Hasn't the world been a better place since the Word file format has
> stabilized? Think how much better it would be if Microsoft actually
> opened the format up. The same would be true of Visio.

Very much so.  And Microsoft just recently announced that they're
trying to go further in that direction with Word.  Of course, the
transition won't be as smooth as one would hope and it'll probably be
based on some new "MSXML" language or somesuch nonsense, but trying to
make the data more universal is more important, I think, than having a
standardized application.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;1873756805;fp;1024;fpid;100

bill