[Sigia-l] Visio, wireframes discussion

Patrick Neeman pat at nexisinteractive.com
Mon Jul 11 19:13:07 EDT 2005

The last thing I want to do is to learn yet another technology to get
the job done.

I've done wireframes, working prototypes, etc. in flash, visio,
omnigraffle, word, powerpoint, html, indesign, illustrator,
photoshop, et al, and none of them do the job consistently well. I
can learn new technologies, apps well, but the purpose of
documentation shouldn't be showing how well you can use the
application, it should be getting the idea across.

What we should do is pick a couple of standards that work well, and
then pressure the likes of Visio or Omni group to produce better
tools so we can spend less of our time fighting the applications.

I mean, isn't ironic -- a group dedicated to information architecture
and usability can't decide on a standard application or two because
they are too hard to use?

P@