[Sigia-l] Wisdom and best practices

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Jul 4 14:04:26 EDT 2005

Thomas Quine:

> These are sometimes referred to as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).

Would it be fair to put it this way:

SMEs > wisdom > best practices > good applications?

If so, I'd disagree.

I do strategy/architecture/design surgery for a living, mostly in enterprise
settings dealing with complex apps. I'd say one of the top three reasons the
apps I get to redo are so badly designed is because they were shaped by
SMEs. They may have the domain expertise alright but they have no business
designing applications. That's a different art best left to Designers.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba