[Sigia-l] menu depth/breadth representation

Donna Maurer donna at maadmob.net
Sat Jul 2 01:40:54 EDT 2005

It depends on what you are doing with it (diagramming, listing, sticking in a database),
but for a list of a strict hierarchy, I number:

1.0 Top level one
1.1.0 Second level one
1.2.0 Second level two
1.3.0 Second level three
1.3.1 Second level content one
1.3.2 Second level content two
2.0 Top level two
3.0 Top level three
4.0 Top level four

Things ending in a 0 have something under them. Things ending in something other
than 0 are a content page/node with nothing beneath. In the list I also include key
structural links.

Works for me to a limited extent - it all falls apart when something needs to appear in
two places, when there is cross-linking etc

Donna

--
Donna Maurer
Maadmob Interaction Design