[Sigia-l] Google IM,my.google.com(was Scholar)

Dave dheller at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:21:36 EST 2005

Why does Google need Flickr? They already own Picasa.
Great tool Slightly different model than Flickr but still it has the
building blocks to move in the direction of Flickr if they want to.

For me the biggest question regarding Google is if they can manage the
power of their brand. This is something that Netscape blew big time
and that AOL is trying to recapture, but also looks like it is going
to blow it too. Google though has a different type of cultural model
that seems to let it adapt more quickly to change which in this
environment is a huge advantage.

-- dave