[Sigia-l] the lesser importance of home pages -> more splash page fun?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Sat Dec 17 00:05:48 EST 2005

Terrence Wood:

> I hope so, man I miss those. They were so maligned and misunderstood... in
> much the same way as smokers are today.

Of course, smokers have a propensity to extinguish themselves, to the tune
of 400,000/year. The only one who killed Splash Intros is Jakob, who is a
hero to Eric, at least when not having such dirty thoughts of bringing back
splash pages.

In a less serious vein, in order to obtain a domain address if every website
was forced to create a 30 second Splash Intro to represent its organization,
product(s), mission, etc., it would be a great idea. By necessity, it would
force them to distill a lot of crap spilling over onto their sitemap into a
coherent narrative. I'd love to compare the 30-sec Splash Intros of, say,
Apple vs. Creative, Google vs. Yahoo, Nike vs. Adidas, etc.

----
Ziya

"Innovate as a last resort."