[Sigia-l] software for persona design

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Mon Aug 29 09:35:46 EDT 2005

On 29/8/05 9:52 PM, "Dave" <dheller at gmail.com> wrote:

> The place that might need help in the persona creation process is the data
> gathering and analysis period before the creation of the personas.

that's exactly my thinking.

> I would find this rather similar to the tools that the Contextual Design
> people put together so that you can sort your many quotes and descriptions
> and then hopefully create affinity patterns.
>
> The persona development does have some differences though, but a card
> sorting like tool w/ a bit more muscle is what I'm imagining.

That sounds useful for processing qualitative research data. What about
quantitative research data - any suggestions?

> I do agree w/ Andrew that the persona itself can be done in text with an
> inserted image.

concur.

> Also, let's remember that personas are not an end, but just a tool towards
> the beginning of a complete process. Writing the scenarios and then creating
> requirements from those scenarios and so on and so forth are all in there
> too.

hmmm ... the next question is then what are the requirements of writing
scenarios which personas need to meet. What are the technical specs and
tactical details which must be in personas so that they are useful for
writing scenarios.

e.