IA and Marketing Sneezers (was Re: [Sigia-l] Site registration

Andrew Boyd andrew at friendlymanual.com
Fri Aug 26 02:47:13 EDT 2005

Listera wrote:

>Nooo, none of these could possibly work. It's much better if a 40 year old
>truck driver from Minnesota poses as a 22 year old transvestite beautician
>from Arkansas with a $150,000 household income on a registration form. After
>all, the most popular targeted advertising format in the world, Google's
>AdSense, requires the user to fill out a registration form just before they
>can see the page the ad's on, right? My my, what will they invent next?
>:-)

Hi Ziya,

I was going to pull AdSense out of my ear, and thought "no, it is too
obvious" then thought "what the hell" then totally forgot about it.
Thank you for mentioning it :)

I would add... "And you couldn't run 5-10 AdSense terms against matching
seperate domains to see which one worked the best and whether some/all
of them beat traditional scattergun marketing, just to test the
boundaries of what is possible without registration, right?" :)

AdSense is mentioned in awe in a lot of the recent spate of "Make
Millions Instantly As An Infopreneur" programs.... because against all
reason, it seems to work :) Nothing like a qualified buyer beating their
way to your doorstep.

Cheers, Andrew