[Sigia-l] Next article in Opinion (10 of 14)

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Sun Aug 14 20:42:19 EDT 2005

On 15/8/05 3:25 AM, "Listera" <listera at rcn.com> wrote:

>> Kinda pointless reading stuff from the web if
>> you never follow a link
>
> That may be, but this is not really a "link." It's as generic as you're
> going to get: "Next Item."

(1) not quite as generic as that: Terrence noted that the finite-ness of the
linked list is indicated in the link ("10 of 14"). I think he has something
there.

(2) assuming for the moment that they know what they're doing, isn't it
curious that something like these links actually "test well", despite their
failure to adhere to the orthodoxy of the "best practice" of information
scent?

"scare" quotes fully intended ;-)

e.