[Sigia-l] IA with Flash sites

Listera listera at rcn.com
Sun Aug 7 04:16:44 EDT 2005

tessa:

> academia is pushing the pursuit of knowledge

You are more than generous. :-)

I think in the past 15 years or so, there's been a tremendous infusion of
corporate money into academia. While this doesn't immediately and
necessarily make it suspect of commercial bias, there have been numerous
cases of brazen preference of corporate agendas over pursuit of knowledge.
(I think I wrote about one particularly outrageous case here about a couple
of years ago.) Couple that with universities' increasing stake in various
on/off-campus venture deals, patent pursuits, as well teachers' willing
pursuit of VC-promoted fads in search of a book deal, I'd say there's
trouble in academia. At least in the commercial world one's biases are out
in the open.

----
Ziya

Is it easier to reject a good solution or accept a bad one?