[Sigia-l] visual displays of information

Michal Migurski mike at teczno.com
Wed Sep 15 17:11:08 EDT 2004

> What are some good examples of the use3 of multimedia to display such
> information as, maps, timelines and other forms of informational
> graphics?

http://nobelprize.org/peace/educational/conflictmap/conflictmap.html is
a map hosted by the Nobel Prize organization, showing world conflicts
throughout the 20th century, referenced by location and time.

http://www.otherthings.com/grafarc/flash/view.htm is a photographic
historical record of frequently-modified San Francisco graffiti.
Photographs of various walls are overlaid, compressing changes over
time into synchronized layers. Geographical information is
intentionally omitted, to avoid heightened security monitoring of
popular spots.

http://clients.stamen.com/moveon_screenshots/ shows a static record of
a national town hall held by MoveOn in June. We built the map interface
that was used to mediate interaction between geographically-distributed
participants.