[Sigia-l] challenging [cheese]

michel.milano michel_milano at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 13:42:55 EDT 2004

not to be critical,
but in the interest of this particular topic thread and with respect
to the inviolable hilarity of pythonalia,
i could not let this stand quite as it was:
the sketch is such that after beginning, and after the customer has
been guessing for some time,
the shop owner *attempts to offer* some cheesy comestible suggestions
- but the customer insists
that he is keen to guess, and continues to inquire. the customer
never asks the proprietor to
offer a suggestion.

cheese guess follows cheese guess, all without satisfaction.
when the shop owner finally admits that he is deliberately wasting
the customer's time,
the customer shoots him.

draw what analogous conclusions you may.

(episode 33, season 3)
/m/milano

by the way, the skit was written with a theasurus only. check roget's
entry for 'cheese.'