[Sigia-l] Accessibility guidelines in Great Britain

Dave Collins DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com
Wed Sep 1 11:49:46 EDT 2004

>Now my question: What exactly are "reasonable adjustments" in regard to

web sites?
We are familiar with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) by
the W3C.
Are "reasonable adjustments" conform with priority 1 (must), 2 (should)
or
3 (may) of the WCAG?

I've no experience with such matters but,

I'm betting that, since it's not well-defined, it's not legally
enforceable, thus the intent is really more a matter of voluntary
compliance - get ahead of game and no one will have to get heavy about
enforcing in the future. It also means the level of compliance is at
your discretion.

IMO, certainly, the 'must' would be included. The 'should' would be
matter of whether your org wants to be proactive or just minimally
compliant.

Dave