[Sigia-l] Pop-ups query

AF Cossham cossham00 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Oct 28 04:22:21 EDT 2004

Benjamin Kahn wrote:

> Now, in regards to your comments about firefox.  I happen to use firefox
> because I work for a Linux company.  Firefox is probably the best Linux
> browser there is.  I use it for that reason.  (I also recommend firefox
> to people not on Windows because of popup blocking, the extension
> system, the XUL development environment, cookie managment, tabs, etc.)

I'm curious - I have heard that blocking popups can cause problems if you
are shopping/booking travel etc online, as many of these sites use popups as
part of the legitimate purchasing process. Any comment? is blocking a good
habit, or bad?

This is no reflection on Firefox (or Linux), merely a general query. I think
the issue of popups is relevant to website design - especially if blocking
is used more and more.

Regards,
Amanda Cossham