[Sigia-l] Kano Analysis

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 17 19:54:26 EST 2004

> From: Eric Scheid
>
> would you see benefit in going through the kano analysis process at
> the level of individual IA widgets ... things like site search,
> bread crumbs, site map, "you are here" landmarks, etc?

Kano Analysis (KA) is about requirement strategy. It is applicable to
widgets because widgets also have requirements.

> or are the usual practices of usability testing sufficient for
> refining those elements when needed, and relying on industry
> "standard" (hah!) implementations, heuristics, and guidelines for
> everything else as a baseline?

They are not KA substitutes. KA helps to determine requirements while
the above are for satisfying requirements.

> would we be better off reserving kano analysis for the core features
> and functions specific to the project? (i.e. not generic IA
> components)

Would it be better off to ignore the requirements for generic
components?

Boniface