[Sigia-l] Initial Stakeholders Meeting

Jared M. Spool jspool at uie.com
Wed Nov 10 09:15:04 EST 2004

Dan Linsky wrote:
>At the initial stakeholders meeting for a website redesign, as you are
>trying to gather information on goals, audiences, measures of success,
>site impressions and functionality, etc., have you found any methods of
>extracting this initial site information that work particularly well?

We like to ask the following question whenever we're starting a project:
(Sometimes, we ask it multiple times.)

"Assume we've completed this project and done a fabulous job. What will be
different, from a business perspective?"

It's from the answers to this question that we determine what the true
goals of the project are, in business terms.

Jared

Jared M. Spool, Founding Principal
User Interface Engineering
4 Lookout Lane, Unit 4d