[Sigia-l] translating taxonomies

Peter Morville morville at semanticstudios.com
Mon Nov 8 07:21:45 EST 2004

Here's a citation to one of the best articles I've read on this subject:

	Multilingual Thesaurus Construction (by Michele Hudon)
	Information Services and Use (ISSN: 0167-5265), Vol.17 No.2/3, 1997,
p.111-123.

It's not just a language translation issue. The way people categorize
information also varies between languages and cultures, so the fundamental
organization schemes may need to be different.

See also: Women, Fire, and Dangerous Things by George Lakoff

Cheers!

Peter Morville
President, Semantic Studios
www.semanticstudios.com