[Sigia-l] IA position in Marina Del Rey, CA

Ralph Zenger ralph.zenger at proxicom.com
Tue Nov 2 17:05:34 EST 2004

Proxicom develops and manages internet-based solutions that inspire the
successes of tomorrow while fortifying and accelerating our client's
businesses today. Providing a unique mix of industry expertise and
integrated, multi-disciplinary teams, we are dedicated to a single focusŠ
creating value for our clients.

We are currently seeking an experienced Information Architect for a contract
position in our Marina Del Rey office in Los Angeles, CA. The successful
candidate will be working on a new public website of a major automotive
manufacturer. The project is scheduled to start in early November for an
estimated duration of 6 months. There is a potential for permanent
employment and work on other accounts after the contract.

We would prefer local candidates since we anticipate close interaction with
our in-house team and the client. Occasional travel within Southern
California is expected.

Responsibilities:
* Design and deliver high-level content organization and navigation, and
page-level information design
* Analyze business requirements and user data to develop task models and
user personas
* Produce deliverables including: personas, site maps, user flows,
navigation schemes and labeling, wireframes, and user interfaces
* Perform usability testing and research as required
* Work closely and iteratively with client and project teams

Requirements:
* Fluency in the principles of information architecture, usability, and user
experience design
* Experience with Visio (preferred)
* Experience in organizing large websites
* Familiarity with best practices on the web
* Ability to translate usability test findings into actionable
recommendations
* Ability to work productively with limited supervision
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
* Strong communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills

Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in communications, human computer interaction, computer
science or related field or equivalent experience.
* 2-3 years experience in information architecture or user experience design

Additional skills, not required, but a plus:
* Experience in the automotive industry
* Spanish language skills
* Experience with InDesign and  Illustrator

To apply please send your resume to maureen.omalley at proxicom.com In
addition, please provide links to your portfolio or send us samples of your
work.