[Sigia-l] Designers and Developers

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Wed May 26 20:11:33 EDT 2004

> From: Listera
>
> BJ Cook:
> > So we have 3 categories of workers:?
> > Designers, Developers, Engineers?
>
> If you are asking me, just two: Designers and Developers.

Mind you, to produce something of good quality, a person has be good
in both the design and implementation of the thing being responsible
for. The emphasis on the separation between "Designers" and
"Developers" will likely lead to less than optimal products.

> So my dream is to see the Design and Development sides to
> consolidate into two distinct entities bridged by the functional
> prototype.

And that prototype will probably become the "wall" that one group
throw things over to the other.

Boniface