[Sigia-l] Web software which generates questions and answers

W words wongword at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 31 06:45:30 EST 2004

A few people I know are talking about software from Rightnow which adds a
question and answer capacity onto a website. It's being sold as an answer to
the problem of huge numbers of phone calls to call centres.

Commonly asked questions are noted and answers are built up from content and
questions. I imagine some kind of artificial intelligence is used in what
must be fairly sophisticated programming.

Has anyone any experience with this?
Does it really do what it claims?
Is this really a useful form of communications where users get an answer to
a fact but may not get all the facts they need as they would if they
read/accidentally glanced at surrounding text?

Regards
Irene Wong