[Sigia-l] Usability preferences by gender

Polansky, Adam Adam.Polansky at travelocity.com
Wed Mar 24 10:33:35 EST 2004

Does anyone know of research that identifies or debunks the notion that there are distinct usability preferences and responses to UI elements specific to gender?

I'm working on an application that will be used predominantly by professional women with a high degree of website usage experience. If I can inform UI decisions with these preferences (if they exist), we might be able to better influence the adoption of the application.

Adam Polansky
Sr. Information Architect  ::  Customer Experience
Travelocity.com
 v:  682.605.2518
m:  214.868.4157