[Sigia-l] Hello & Is anyone using Schemalogic: metadata manag ement?

Everett, Andy EveretA at wsdot.wa.gov
Mon Mar 22 11:50:18 EST 2004

Hi Alexandria
     I used Schemaserver from Schemalogic for my graduate capstone project
last year at the University of Washington to demonstrate taxonomy building,
metadata management, and consensus management . I
also just recently sat in on a class that used Schemaserver as the basis of
the class to demonstrate
metadata applications.
     I've used the product to manage schemas but only in an academic
setting. I've not used the subscription server
part of the product that allows for updating schemas in CMS and ERP systems.
It is fairly easy to use.
The caveat on its use is metadata governance. There is an electronic voting
function in Schemalogic for consensus management. However that is only as
affective as the support you have outside the product's use for metadata
consensus with data stewards/subject matter owners. I am aware of specific
real world applications but don't know all the specifics.

   Do you have specific questions?

Andy Everett
Data Catalog Administrator
Washington State Department of Transportation
EveretA at wsdot.wa.gov