[Sigia-l] Re: implementing Dublin Core

Sarah A. Rice rice at seneb.com
Wed Mar 17 17:08:37 EST 2004

Regarding whether to start with simple then go to qualified:

some of the presentations at the conference suggested doing it the other
way around. It seemed like some of the qualifiers helped projects better
describe their collections and allowed for more flexibility when applying
DC. I found that to be true as well. The impression I got was that people
want to use qualified DC more often, but could also "dumb it down" by using
the simple version in order to sustain interoperability and adhere to a
single standard.

What have others on the list experienced?

We're working on getting some case studies together. I'll make a general
announcement to some IA listservs when there's something to look at.

Sarah