[Sigia-l] DMS vs CMS

Tanya Rabourn tanya at pixelcharmer.com
Fri Jun 11 12:33:29 EDT 2004

Thanks for the helpful comments so far. I think one thing
that has added to my confusion is that the strategy has been
to solve the "web content" problem and the "document"
problem as two separate unrelated things.

DAM makes me think of being able to track the rights
management info of a document/image/etc. that we didn't
create but host and reuse. But perhaps that's something that
can be handled in certain DMS's/CMS's as well? Perhaps the
space is further blurred among all three?

-Tanya