[Sigia-l] Open Source Usability -- curable?

Ilan Volow listboy at clarux.com
Fri Jul 23 21:25:36 EDT 2004

On Jul 23, 2004, at 12:27 AM, Peter Trudelle wrote:

> Look, I get what you're saying, but without code you have no software.
>  Unimplemented designs are worthless, yet code without professional
> UCD is quite common and can be very valuable.  Programmers are in a
> powerful position, especially in OSS, and they know it.
>
> Peter

Maybe it's time for IxD/Usability/IA/whatever people disillusioned with
Open Source to organize in some kind of way. Something to begin the
process of us standing up for ourselves and chipping away at that
power. Perhaps start with something simple, like a wiki or an Orkut
group or an irc channel. Something to get people talking.

--
Ilan Volow
Ergonomica Auctorita Illico!