[Sigia-l] Are web users more sophisticated

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Jul 14 14:46:39 EDT 2004

Dave Collins:

> The point that it's an indication that web users are confused.

Hmm. Are you calling me confused? :-)

In Firefox (the best xplatform browser out there) the URL field in the
Navigation Toolbar performs by default the very same query as Google's "I'm
feeling Lucky" search button.[1] [2] In return, If I don't know the URL
precisely or if I want to see variations I type it in the Google searchbox,
and go from there. It depends.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba

[1] This could be easily changed in the prefs.
[2] To see why conspiracy theories never die, type "default" (without
quotes) into the URL field in Firefox and behold.