[Sigia-l] Are web users more sophisticated

Dave Collins DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com
Wed Jul 14 14:16:05 EDT 2004

>> A couple of years ago there was a statistic published that as much as
60% of
>> the users to the Yahoo portal went and typed in URLs in Yahoo's
search box.

>Is that so wrong?

The point is not whether it's wrong or not. The point that it's an
indication that web users are confused. I doubt that a significant
fraction of them intended to use the Search box for a URL.

It lends credence to the idea that no, they are not more savvy, and no,
we should not be hitting them with even more challenges.

Dave