[Sigia-l] Getting More Users to Register

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Jul 7 20:04:01 EDT 2004

Dan Linsky:

>> You are asking a community of IAs and user-centered designers whose
>> interest should come first, yours or the users'?

> No, I am asking a community of IA's and UCD's which way best meets both
> business objectives and user requirements.

How can business objectives be met by aggravating users?

>> And wasted their time?

> If they come to enter this contest, they are looking to waste time.

There's your answer then.

> If they decide not to guess after registering, that would certainly be a
> waste of time for them; but my plan would have worked perfectly.

There are lots of ways to trick the user into giving you info that they
otherwise would not have. You'll have to find your own level of comfort for
deception.

----
Ziya

When you point a finger at a problem, fools will point to the finger.