[Sigia-l] Pragmatism and Information Design

Listera listera at rcn.com
Sat Jul 3 18:50:52 EDT 2004

Boniface Lau:

> Too often, designers do not design. They re-use past designs.

Sure, but that was my point: design is contextual. Context/usage should
dictate the design, not someone else's edict, rules, research, best
practice, hype, etc. In other words: it depends. It depends on the
context/usage. When it comes to design I still haven't found a better method
than "thinking through." I don't think that essay suggested anything better.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba