[Sigia-l] Information Architect Job Openings with LDS Church

Russ Unger russ at bluechromedesign.com
Fri Jan 30 18:12:07 EST 2004

> It's mindless palaver such as this that has pretty much ruined the
> SIGIA-L list.

Has anyone figured out a definition that everyone agrees on for
"Information Architecture" just yet?

I guess what I'm getting at is that if we don't know what it is we do,
how can we know what's off-topic?

Just saying.

> J---- C---- *, people, it's a church. Of course they don't have to
> follow the same rules as other employers. They also don't pay taxes,
> and, I'm sure any number of other things we expect from commercial
> organizations.

Not only an unnecessary statement, but one that seems to have missed
that the discussion was quite possibly noise that was without static.  I
moderate a couple of other lists where ramblings get pretty heated, and
for the most part this seemed to have been free of attacks, and rather
healthy.  People wanted to know, found some information and took it a
bit beyond that.  Not much of a foul, methinks.

> Is this really the best we can do, on an INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE
> mailing list, is blather like idiots about the definition of "temple
> worthy," and whether such labels are valid?

Sticks and stones.  :-)  Have a good weekend.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]