[Sigia-l] RE: Teaching IA

Jason Karls karls at corp.a9.com
Fri Jan 23 14:01:56 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

I've found that people always like to talk about what they don't like in
a website or other interactive project.

I'd recommend keith instone's stress test activity that looks at a
website/page and systematically deconstructs it.  Can easily be adapted
to groups.
http://user-experience.org/uefiles/navstress/index.html

Depending on how many people there are, it may be good to split people
into groups of 5-7 and have them arrange page elements into something
that they'd like to see in a site/page (everyone loves to play designer
;).  You could even have them present back to the group their
thoughts/ideas.  If you can have it relate to something everyone is
familiar w/, all the better.  This activity could easily take an
hour--not sure if you have time for something that elaborate.

Good luck and have fun!

-jason

Jason Karls
Designer