[Sigia-l] [Request] What are qualities do you look for when hiring a recent HCI grad?

Sasha Verhage sasha at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jan 15 14:11:37 EST 2004

Not sure if this mailing list is still active but I'll give it a shot...

I'm teaching a weekend graduate course on "Information Architecture and
Interface Design" next month. The students are eager to learn what qualities
and skills they will refine before graduating. One section of the course
will cover getting a job and breaking into the field.

What do you look for in a new hire? What qualities/characteristics? Are some
of these more important than work experience? What skills do you expect from
a grad student? What qualities/skill do you see most missing from grad
students?

Thanks in advance,
Sasha

Sasha Verhage