[Sigia-l] Can UI designers kill people?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Jan 9 19:25:29 EST 2004

"Patrick Neeman" wrote:

> many software developers are indifferent about the concepts of user interface
> design

Mostly because they don't get hired, paid or judged by their UI-ability.

When you hire general contractors you don't judge them by their
architectural chops, even though they are asked to 'design' stuff due to a
variety of reason during the building process. Do we want our contractors to
become efficient and inspired about conceptual/architectural matters? Or do
we want them to be efficient with the building process? Do you want your
house to be 'designed' by a contractor?

Once we dispense with the title mania and realize that there really are two
fundamental roles here -- concept/design and development/coding -- things
become clearer.

----
Ziya

Architecture is politics.