[Sigia-l] Can UI designers kill people?

David Carruthers David.Carruthers at oyster.com
Fri Jan 9 09:21:08 EST 2004

>>So sometimes the systems are designed to require periodic or ongoing
low-level
>>input from the humans just to keep them involved and aware of any
parameters
>>that may be creeping towards an out-of-bounds state.

I vaguely remember reading something about the x-ray scanning machines in
airports occasionally adding in extraneous suspicious looking items into
people's luggage scans to check that operators were paying attention for
exactly that reason.

I always pray it isn't going to pick my bag for the fake...

dvc

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Oyster Partners Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oyster Partners Ltd.