[Sigia-l] Jan 13: NYC UPA Meeting: This is Broken

Ilise Benun (201) 653-0783 ibenun at optonline.net
Wed Jan 7 12:47:36 EST 2004

      'This is Broken:' Usability of software -- and of the world at large.

      Usability is important in more areas than Web and software design. All around us are places, products, services, and systems that are designed in some way. This session will help us exercise our awareness of design, usability, and user experience in a variety of environments.
      Mark Hurst, founder of Creative Good and Good Experience, will show some of his favorite entries in "This Is Broken" and will then lead a discussion filled with *your* entries!

      Just e-mail your examples, if you wish, of things that are "broken" before the meeting. Here's how:

        Take a digital photo of a product or place, or a screenshot of a website or software, that's "broken" (designed poorly), and e-mail it to meeting coordinator, Ilise Benun (Ilise at artofselfpromotion.com). During the meeting, we will show your contributions to lead off the discussion.

      More info about "This is broken" website is here: www.ThisIsBroken.com (open in a new window).

            Speaker:  Mark Hurst, founder, Creative Good; founder, Good Experience