[Sigia-l] Become an Information Architect

hrosenba hrosenba at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 23 17:40:37 EST 2004

Peter (and Rich),

I'm pleased to see that our posters are appearing in places of
distinction.

I would like to point out, however, that the poster referred to in this
message is for our Master of Information Science degree, one of two
Masters degrees we have here at the School of Library and Information
Science at Indiana U. In this degree program, students can train to
become an information architect (one of four paths through the
program), hence the slogan. Some recent graduates are gainfully
employed as IAs. If you are interested, you can see what we are up to
with the MIS here:

http://www.slis.indiana.edu/degrees/mis/

We also have a successful Master of Library Science degree that has its
own marketing campaign, its own posters, and an explicit focus on
becoming a librarian. The program is healthy and growing. You can find
out what is involved in our version of librarianship here:

http://www.slis.indiana.edu/degrees/mls/

Schools like ours (whether they are called Library and Information
Science, Information Studies, Information, or other labels), are
expanding their offerings in interesting ways these days. As a
consequence,  we are providing students with a number of fascinating
career choices among which is IA.

		H.

Howard Rosenbaum
Associate Professor of Information Science
Indiana University
Voice: 812.855.3250
Mail: hrosenba at indiana.edu
Web: http://www.slis.indiana.edu/hrosenba/www/Home/home.html