[Sigia-l] Natural Language Searching vs Keyword Searching

david_fiorito at vanguard.com david_fiorito at vanguard.com
Fri Feb 20 14:24:30 EST 2004

The company pitching natural language search to us talks a lot about the
ability to return an answer to a question rather than a set of links to
pages like a classic keyword search.  I for one am very skeptical of this
kind of claim.  I am especially skeptical since they are trying to sell us
on the idea that we will never need metadata again since their software
can somehow "understand" the content of a page.  The whole thing smells a
little fishy to me - thus the reason for my original post.

Cheers,

Dave

"Ken Bryson" <kbryson at alias.com>
Sent by: sigia-l-admin at asis.org