[Sigia-l] What makes an IA good at what he or she does?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Feb 12 14:43:46 EST 2004

"Laurie Gray" wrote:

> Ziya, to your point: In your opinion, what qualities allow some people
> to "see" the interconnectedness and design direction of wireframes AND
> communicate that (if that is what makes them good IA's), and what
> prevents others from doing so?

Well, personally, I don't believe in judging competency in terms
"deliverables" like wireframes. It's entirely possible, and in many
instances preferable, to complete the design phase of a project without a
single wireframe. You're looking for generic answers to what can/should only
be specific problems/issues.

----
Ziya

Design is the art of gradually applying constraints
until only one solution remains.