[Sigia-l] [OT] Tagging things that are off topic

Dave Collins DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com
Wed Feb 4 18:06:55 EST 2004

the addition of a little [OT] in the subject line causes so little
overhead for a poster, and helps so much the volume of mail that it
seems little to ask.>

<personal anecdote>

I recently fled from a list that a few users had turned into their own daily
personal diary and debate forum - usually some diatribe about the Clinton or
the Bush administration or somesuch - I mean, it wouldn't even *start* on
topic. He and another guy would fling mud back and forth over these things.
It just rubbed salt in the wound that, being Canadian, I couldn't care any
less about their views on Bush or Clinton. I begged them to at least label
them OT, but they didn't bother. I particularly wanted to attend that forum,
since it was for my medical condition.

P.S. I tried filtering for their names, but it wasn't reliable. And the
moderator was absentee.

</personal anecdote>

Moral: SIGIA could be worse...