[Sigia-l] UI job requirements

Timothy Karsjens timothy at karsjens.com
Mon Feb 2 12:04:26 EST 2004

Sounds like a SWING developer position to me.  Hence, the Java and CS degree
required.

All of the things listed are the programmers hallmarks of Usability.  These
things are often taught in many programming curricula, from Bachelors to
Masters.  In fact, one of the people on the project I am currently on has a
Masters in Computer Science, and he is the only one on the project that
argues UI with me.

9 times out of 10, I would have to say that the last thing anyone developing
a SWING application wants, is one of us to come on the project and tell them
how bad their UI is.  While it may shock a lot of us, there are still
client-server interfaces being created out there with little to no
interaction with we "experts".

thanks for listening.