[Sigia-l] Re:Serious Discussion of IA Research?

Patrick Debois Patrick.Debois at sos.be
Fri Dec 3 11:26:16 EST 2004

Ed Housman wrote:

>..
>Your analogy to the construction business and the role of the
>architect in creating a physical shell that won't fall down,
>won't cost too much, is pleasing to be in, accommodates stated
>human functions, etc. ... that analogy had me hopeless in
>my search for research fronts.  It is so eclectic.

Being a non-native english speaker, i looked up the word eclectic. Your
word "hopeless" seems to make it a bad thing.
But reading at the "On being eclectic"
http://www.theosophical.org/theosophy/questmagazine/januaryfebruary2000/viewpoint/
, i'm not so sure  anymore. What precisely do you mean with "had me
hopeless"?