[Sigia-l] Registration-only sites

Sulleiro, Andres Andres.Sulleiro at erac.com
Tue Aug 10 10:34:35 EDT 2004

I've noticed a steady increase in registration-only sites for the last few years. I get so much spam anyway that at this point I don't care who has my email address anymore. Thank god for server/client spam software.

Does anybody know of any research done on how many people actually give their real information?

My own personal behavior varies. If it's purely for web browsing (news sites) I may give a fake identity, if it's something that later on I may get in the physical world (Amazon-like stuff), then I give them my real info.

--Andrés