[Sigia-l] customization & personalization vs. session lenght & return visits

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Aug 4 15:43:36 EDT 2004

Livia Labate:

> 1) increase average session length (more time on the site
>     exploring content, not wasting time) and

(Because I had this specific conversation with a client recently), "time
spent at the site" can mean different things to different departments. For
example, taking an article and breaking it up into 3 pages will likely
increase time spent at the site, which may mean better stats to show
prospective partners, advertisers and clients, as well as increased exposure
opportunities for promotions, other site venues, related content, etc. You
could give each user a customization option for the proverbial "printer
friendly" 1-page version" but your marketing guys might object!:-)

----
Ziya

Adequacy is sufficient.