[Sigia-l] IA research?

Dave dheller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:02:21 EDT 2004

> And if there is hardly any research, then does that mean our profession
> is getting stuck?

Hi peter,
I'm curious ... what do you use research for as a consultant?

I think it was the last month's B&A article that was pushing IAs and
UX professionals to trust their own thinking in doing their designs.
That a little bit of confidence goes a long way ... to paraphrase.

That being said I don't think we shouldn't be doing academic research.
Its very important to have academic spaces for reserch.

I am curious as to what is meant by "stuck"? Could it be that the
medium is stuck. In your original message you mentioned the web as the
platform you were interested in. It basically hasn't changed in 7
years as a platform. W/o growth it is starting to feel stuck indeed. I
know I'm over it (http://webgui.htmhell.com & a B&A article). I do see
a lot of research on the LS side of IA though.

-- dave