[Sigia-l] research on surveys

Anders frolix3000-sigia at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 13:43:01 EDT 2004

--- Dave Collins <DCollins at phoenix-interactive.com>
wrote:
> Our client wants to place a survey at the end of
> customers' transactions
> (we design ATM software).

So just to be clear, the user is standing at an ATM,
and you want to ask them to answer survey questions?

If I am at an ATM, after I get my money, I'm outta
there.  I'm basically conditioned to ignore the usual
marketing information that pops up on the screen.  And
even if I felt compelled to answer one or more survey
questions, if there were people behind me in line,
that would make me less likely to want to answer
anything, since I don't to hold up the line.

IMHO, you should consider if there are other contexts
in which you can acquire the information you need from
this demographic, perhaps one in which they feel like
they are less stressed and can take the time to think
about their responses. -Anders