[Sigia-l] Freelance opportunities at Sapient

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Wed Sep 24 10:40:29 EDT 2003

[Re-directed for ""Stephanie Shapiro" <steph at designrecruiter.com> .   Dick
Hill]

I got your email address from one of your members&I was hoping to post the
following job opportunities&

I have several freelance positions open at Sapient in Los Angeles, New
York, Detroit and Chicago.  We are looking for Sr. IAs to start within the
next two weeks.  The projects are estimated to last between 8 weeks and 3
months. Just for the record, I am an independent recruiter working with
Sapient to fill these roles&I know Sapient well because I worked there 4
years as the Creative Hiring Manager.

  Below is the job description for a Sr. Information Architect at Sapient.

  The Information Architect works to translate client business rules and
practices into functional requirements for large, complex web-based
projects. The Information Architect authors the documentation which serves
as the blueprint for site development, content management, and QA by the
various members of a project team.

  Responsibilities include the following: Analyze and appropriately scale
project scope; Define site functionality, navigation, interaction, site
architecture scheme and data flow; Understand and document existing client
business processes and rules while translating strategies into functional
design; Assess and document current site functionality and structure;
Analyze user tasks and develop task models and usage scenarios; Work with
designers, technologists, and user researchers to ensure user interface
reflects client, user, and design requirements; Provide input and support
for user research and usability test plans; Work with members of the
Technology team to ensure technology supports proposed functionality;
Establish indexing and organizational schemes for QA, Asset Management, and
Change Management; Manage and direct Information Architects on the project.

  Requirements include the following: Background or knowledge of UI Design,
Usability, or Human Computer Interaction and experience with user-centered
design methods; A strong understanding of Internet technologies including
DBs, e-commerce, client-server, and front-end technologies like HTML,
JavaScript, DHTML, CSS, and ActiveX; Strong business acumen with a focus on
strategic analysis; Superb oral and written communication skills; Knowledge
of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark
Express and HTML page creation tools; Experience with research techniques
such as interviewing and observations; 2-5 Years Information Architecture,
HCI, or Usability experience with a Web focus; An appreciation for Design,
preferably with hands-on design experience; Strong problem-solving skills,
an investigative mentality, and a capacity for strategic and associative
thinking; Some project or team management experience.

If you are interested in applying please email urls/resumes to
<mailto:jobs at designrecruiter.com>jobs at designrecruiter.com

Thanks,

Stephanie Shapiro

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900