[Sigia-l] Corporate Blogging

Hankinson, Jody JHankinson at girlscouts.org
Thu Sep 18 15:33:25 EDT 2003

Sorry to come late to the party.

Not to belabor Ziya's point, but blogging as a verb seems like the cart
leading the horse. I recently had to explain blogs to someone who'd never
heard the term. In the end I said it was similar to a newspaper column, but
more frequent and less formal. Also that it uses specific technology.

The exercise served me well because when I tried to introduce blogs to an
extranet project the development team nearly rebelled. After I changed my
language to be platform agnostic with functionality and feature
descriptions, we had no problems. So now what do I have? I refuse to call it
blog-like. That's too much like simulacra and I won't do it.

Jody Hankinson | Information Architect
212.852.5051 | jhankinson at girlscouts.org
GSUSA | Where Girls Grow Strong | 420 Fifth Avenue, NY, NY 10018